Monday, June 1, 2015

Back to blogging!

Hooray, I am finally back to blogging! Life has been a bit crazy since I first began at Kitchin's Kinder. We have moved from Northern Virginia to Northwest Florida... the panhandle! So far we LOVE it, but it has been a big change. My oldest step-daughter is graduating TOMORROW, it is crazy! My youngest will be in 11th grade, and I now have a 14 month old SON, I told you a lot has changed.

I also have changed a lot in my teaching. I moved from my fantastic kinder job at a brand new school, where in the 13-14 school year I taught one quarter - to teaching in an older school here in Florida (hello multiple buildings and breezeways) and teaching fifth grade! Not to mention, we started in VA after labor day, but when we got here we were almost done with the second quarter and we had just started it in VA!

That first year was a bit nuts! I was pregnant, learning a new curriculum (and the NGSSS/CC/FSA craziness,) still unpacking, mom and mother-in-law moving down, washing machine flooding, freezing with days off, Pensacola flooding, having a baby... it was just one thing after another!

This past year I was moved to fourth grade, but I stayed in my room. I LOVED my team this year! I missed little kids, but my fourth graders were amazing. We had so much fun, and we learned a lot! My husband and I finally bought a house in September, and things settled down. It was a great year!

I now am moving to FIRST grade! It is a new adventure and I am so excited! I am back with little people. I do have to move my classroom to another building... pretty much the FARTHEST one away from where I am now. I am going to be working with an awesome team and I am ready for the fun!

I am hoping to pull inspiration from my blogging friends, post things I find and make here, and just share and gather ideas from other teaching experts!

In other news...
I packed up my room the fastest I have ever packed in my life. I used to take a week or so... last year I had it down to two days... this year?  ONE DAY. ONE. Yeah! Miss Diana would be proud.

Miss Diana was the most amazing custodian. She was a great friend and took me under her wing when I moved to Virginia. She talked to me about life, she was excited about my successes, helped me through some tough times and was just so sweet and genuine. She passed away this past week, I had lost touch with her when we moved, but I did send her a card with pictures of my son a few weeks ago. I hope it made her smile to know how much I loved her and how much she changed my life.

I hope you all have a fantastic week, please be sure to let someone know how much they mean to you - you never know when you won't get another chance! Be kind!


Alison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com