Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mixed feelings

So, I am posting for my phone, so excuse any awful mis-spellings.

Why am I using my phone? Because I am too lazy to go get my computer! Little baby boy L is teething something fierce. He also has a cold. This makes for some awful nights! Last night he was up every hour. I also have some down with some kind of stomach thing... So the rest of the family is watching the Os cream the Phillies, I'm reading blogs.

So, mixed feelings. Yep, I've got 'em. I've had some set backs lately, and it's hard to not get discouraged, but my husband just reminds me that everything happens for a reason. I keep telling myself that- I must have a purpose for where I am.

More feelings come to the surface as I think about my trip north. I am going to visit my old schools. I helped open PineyBranch  in 2011. Now there are no founding K team members in K. There have been so many changes since we opened, it's crazy. 

I'm also going to visit the replacement for my first VA school, a nice big K-8 building down the street from the small, old, center of the community 1929 building. I LOVED this school. I loved my principal, I loved my co-workers and experiences there. That school gave me the confidence to be the teacher I am today. It shaped me more than 5 years of college. Plus, I met one of my best friends there :) I CANNOT wait to see her! (Oh, of course we both moved to the new school too, and I constantly try to move her here... Did I mention we are both from Pittsburgh?! But we didn't know each other until VA!)

So, my mixed feelings there are really about all of the changes... I keep these Camelot memories in my head, sugar coat the bad and emphasize the good. 

I also am about to post my first TPT items, I'm nervous about that- I have a friend proof reading them, she's my grammar queen and I am thankful for her! I know she will be honest!

I guess I'm having all sorts of feelings right now! We are about to embark on a 16 hour (who am I kidding, maybe 20? We have three kids and a dog...) trip north to the DC area and Pittsburgh. I haven't been to PGH since September 2013, and we left VA in November 2013. Baby L hasn't been out of our little Florida/Alabama bubble! 

Well, he's crying again! Poor guy! I'll be back tomorrow hopefully! I want to share one of my FAVORITE, MUST HAVE teacher items!!!

-Alison :) 
Be kind to someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com