Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Things I love: My Teacher Planner

I wanted to start blogging about some of my favorite teacher things - and OF COURSE, my first post had to be about my right arm - my Erin Condren Teacher Planner. As I post this, however, I just found out they are sold out and re-launching... I don't know if I should cry or not...

Well, I will still go forward with my original plan - I will talk about why this planner is so important to me, and why I need them to come back!!!!! (yes, five exclamation points.)

First- the personalized covers are so incredibly cute.

 This is my planner from the 2013-2014 year. You can get your school on the planner, as well as your name, but at that point, I didn't know where I'd be - we were up in the air on if we'd be moving to Florida or not. This past year, my cover was just rainbow-y colors with my name in script. However, it is currently in lock-up at school. These planners make it easy to turn in your plan book and grades each year. I just wrap some tape around it (because I ALWAYS have other things shoved inside, like grade level planning calendars etc.) and turn it in! No worries!

The second reason is:


Long. Range. Planning.

As you can see, I didn't use this as much that first year, but I do now! I can look at the dates, look at the year and jot down ideas! This is a planner MADE FOR TEACHERS! It is arranged for the school year (who functions January - December anyway? I don't get it.) and is PERFECT.

Reason three:
Calendars.... I love 'em, I use 'em. I count down to important things... I love how this planner has open calendars. I almost had to save it for the next year, that is possible! You never know what will happen in life - so this is fantastic! 


Each month has a section to write notes - I LOVE this too. I can turn to the new page for team meetings, faculty meetings, thoughts... its great! What was said in October? Let me flip back to my notes... 


Stickers. For. Days. As you can see, I didn't use these much... but now I just have more! I love how they're colorful, cute and actually have things like "IEP Meeting!"

Reason four....
 LESSON PLANNING.....



GRADING....

IT IS ALL TOGETHER! I hated having two books before. I have also used binders and printed lesson plans on the computer. I LOVE being back to this... I can circle things, erase things, and again, it is ALL TOGETHER.

By all together, I mean - my year plan, my calendar, my notes, my plans, my grades... you can also add in plastic sleeves and keep parents numbers, school info - anything. It is a one-stop-shop. I can just grab one thing and be ready. For someone with three kids, and who is just naturally disorganized, I can't explain how helpful this all is - and with it NOT being a binder, you're not worried about rings bending (my nemesis,) papers ripping out and carrying something big and bulky! Now, if only they can magically add in my data binder...

Well - let's hope the teacher planner comes back, let's hope its amazing. I'm crossing my fingers!

'till then- keep it kind, 
-Alison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com